Pre-Employment Programme (PEP)
ExxonMobil’s Pre-Employment Programme is a paid attachment programme offered to students in their second or penultimate year of study.
Attachments run for 24 weeks during January to June, and July to December each year.
The objective of the PEP is to provide the organisation with a steady source of future employees. For the student, the PEP is designed to provide:
- First hand working experience in a corporate environment
- Opportunities to learn more about the diverse ExxonMobil lines of business and affiliate organisations specifically and the petrochemical industry generally
- A network of contacts
- Useful and practical skills for future employment
As part of the PEP, each student is assigned a supervisor / mentor and participates in various training activities. Students are given challenging work place projects and have the opportunity to report back on these projects to their management team.
Points to note:
- Invitations to host campus internships are received directly from university campuses via the student attachment offices. Please contact your campus student office for more details on when / how to apply.
- Standard Attachment allowance is S$1,200/month.
- Internship requests from overseas students are considered directly by ExxonMobil (and not through a campus liaison).
- Note for overseas interns (i.e. students from overseas universities on attachment in ExxonMobil Singapore), ExxonMobil does not cover cost of travel to Singapore, living and other expenses. Overseas interns are paid the standard local allowance.