When buying your LPG:
- Always buy LPG cylinders from our authorised Esso LPG distributors only.
- When the LPG cylinder is delivered to your home, please check to ensure that the cylinder bears our genuine ExxonMobil seal. The genuine ExxonMobil seal should be present and intact. Do not accept the cylinder if the seal is broken.
When cooking with LPG:
- Keep windows open to ventilate your kitchen.
- Do not place flammable or plastic items near the flame.
- Turn pan handles away from the flame.
- Never leave your cooking unattended. The sauce or liquid in your cooking vessel could overflow and extinguish the burners, causing gas to leak.
- Always keep the LPG valve / regulator switched off when your gas stove / oven is not in use, especially at night and when going on a holiday.
- Always store the LPG cylinder in an upright position and away from other combustible and flammable materials. Store no more than one spare LPG cylinder at any given time.
- Always ventilate your LPG cylinder storage area.
- Never tamper with your LPG cylinder.
- Make sure all parts of the installation are in good condition. If you should find anything wrong with any part, contact your distributor immediately and ask for assistance.
5-point safety check:
Request the LPG delivery man performs the 5-point safety check required by the SCDF (Singapore Civil Defence Force) as follows:
- Regulator: Check the regulator to ensure it is not worn out or expired. Change the regulator every five years. Use only regulators with the Safety Mark endorsed by SPRING Singapore.
- Rubber Hose: Check the rubber hose to ensure it is not worn out or expired. Change the rubber hose every two years. Use only hoses endorsed by SPRING Singapore.
- Hose Clips: Check the hose clips to ensure that they are in good working condition and properly secured.
- Cylinder: Check the LPG cylinder for cracks.
- Leak Test: Check for gas leaks by applying soap solution on cylinder joints. The appearance of soap bubbles will indicate a leak point. Do not use an open flame to detect leaks.